Wednesday, June 25, 2014

~*Just Because... *~

Hello Dear Friends!

I have been asked by a few... about the jacks stitch in the previous post.  This is a pattern that I worked up some time last year... and I cannot for the life of me remember why, when, or any other details about it.  As you know... things have changed for me (for the better!) over the past year and I am still recovering from all of that.  Mentally I will get back on track soon.  Maybe... (maybe not)

Anyway... because you asked... here is a little FREEBIE for you...

~*Potted Jacks N' Crows*~ Freebie Betty Dekat/primitivebettys © 2014
67 by 74 stitches

Use thread colors of your own selection.  I have printed the pattern with DMC 3021 brown gray, 610 drab brown, and 301 mahogany.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On another note... I am working to restock my printed~mailable patterns in my ETSY shoppe.  Some are listed now, others will be added soon.  Once my paper pattern stock is gone ~ it is gone.  I don't plan to print any more photos or patterns.  Where we live now, it is not convenient to run to the store for prints and copies.  SO... like I have said many times over... I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE A PDF PATTERN.  My super smart, stepsons are planning a visit from Chicago over the 4th of July holiday... and I AM GOING TO BEG THEM FOR HELP!!!   LOL  So please, bare with me a little longer!  Thank you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The freebie patterns of mine can ALL be found by clicking the link on the left sidebar.  To print the free patterns...

Click on the freebie link (currently Miss Jane Freebie) and it will bring up the entire album.  Find the pattern you wish to print - keeping the entire album on the screen  Then right click.  This will bring up a menu of options for you to pick from... choose view image.  This should (if you are using Windows - I know nothing about Mac) bring the image up on a page alone.  From the File menu at the top left of your screen... all the way top... choose print preview.  Choose the scale that best fits your needs... then print.  To get back to the patterns - use your back arrow.

Ok... I have to step away from the computer to cheer on another ball game.  Have a GREAT night!

Wishing you all warm smiles,

Betty

17 comments:

  1. Okay, I posted instructions but I don't see them. I will try again.
    If you have the pattern in a word document you can just click on file, "save as", and then select pdf. It will save as such. If you don't have it in a word document just let me know and I can help you with that as well.
    kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kat. I will keep plugging away at it. Right now my patterns aren't in Word & I'm not sure I have that program on my computer. I'm thinking the patterns need to be scanned in from a hard copy... but maybe not. I'll keep working on it & holler if I need help. You are super to offer your assistance! :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Betty! This design is so cute! :-) Looking forward to seeing you post more often too. Each program has it's own way of creating a pdf (and some just can't)... but, once you find a technique that works, it will become as easy as printing to a printer! Promise! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the patterns. I love them all and have done a few of them. This one I plan on doing right away. I just love it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful pattern, thank you so much Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Cute pattern !!! Thank you , since I am so slow at cross stitch, I may try hooking this !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this sweet freebie Betty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun pattern, I need to do some cross stitch, nice project for hot summer days. I had a pdf maker, but it is on my old computer and hate starting that one up again and too much to upgrade, so i found a way to make them on a mac. There are some people who do them for a small fee, so that is an option and only the cost of a pattern, so worth it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Betty, I love it, I was planning on buying it then saw it was free, so a double Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the freebie-absolutely love it and the picture you posted

    ReplyDelete

What friends have said...